The Sean Michael Welch Archives

October 24, 2007

Symbolism! Brilliant!

I'm to the point where I am deliberately placing obvious symbols in my plays. I'm also to the point where I have written nine plays so far this year. So... pretty good year. Although, with this strange new direction, I am apparently trying like the dickens to write plays that can only be performed on stage, going along with my whole idea that the theatre should be the theatre and exploit things theatrical instead of attempting to compete with other mediums.

As irony would have it, I'm currently (and again) watching the filmed versions of Samuel Beckett's plays. Which is great since you don't often get to see them, but... dude, it's been filmed, so it takes you away from the stage environment. And despite the arguments, Beckett would not have approved.

There are two plays I have written that do not appear on my site. One is because I need to rework the ending. The second is of a personal nature, and I will probably have to seek permission of a certain ex of mine before putting it out there.

Also, I'm probably going to start deleting chunks of my blog. I feel as if I'm talking too much, and have so in the past. I don't necessarily feel as if I need a record of my rises and falls, so it really does no good to keep them around. I have a right to some mystery.

0 Comments:


<< Home