The Sean Michael Welch Archives

July 25, 2004

Still in negotiations concerning SLOPPY KNOCKS AND DAGGERS with Rob. It's a pretty sensitive area I'm approaching here, so I don't want to make a wrong move. It may not be the most laugh-out-loud thing I've attempted, but it might be the most personal. To be honest, I wasn't exactly wanting this one to be hugely funny, as much as I wanted to express a certain... feeling. But then again, I usually can't anticipate how people respond to my stuff.

In the meantime... on a complete and total lark, I decided to rehash a play I began writing in 2002 with the intention of the Actors Loft performing it, but never finished, as they called it quits shortly after I was starting to make a move. So, I picked up this little play that I always wanted to finish and I... well, let's just say that due to the play within a play motif I set up for myself, I had to write the first play first, and then the actual play around it second. And here I am at 6:00 am (in the morning, no less!), having finished the whole thing in one night. HAZAH! SEE HOW MY POINTY-EARED YOUTH RETURNS TO ME!

And so on...

Keep an eye out for STAGED READING. I may feel so good about it tomorrow, that it will end up on the site replacing SAFETY, since no one seems to want to comment on that one.

0 Comments:


<< Home