The Sean Michael Welch Archives

June 22, 2006

The drought is over (a slight return)

I suppose the last few weeks of a succesful show in Noho, seeing another playwright's play, and watching Beckett and The Talented Mr. Ripley on DVD has done well to inspire me. And may I say, it's about friggin' time. So, there's a new play around entitled UP, DOG, UP. Which as soon as it's been through the ringer, will probably be posted. Be forewarned, though... I was feeling particularly theatrical for this piece, as well as slightly vaudevillian, so any who decide to try to pull this on off? Lotsa work to be done. Juggling, singing, sleight-of-hand, and physical abuse. All I'm saying. It's a fun one, and a dark one, so basically it is me getting back to me roots.

I'd like to thank people who still think I can write stuff for thinking that I can still write stuff. Your inspiration is neat. Even swell. My thanks.

I'll tell when the next drought is over. Promise.

0 Comments:


<< Home