The Sean Michael Welch Archives

July 09, 2006

Bonzai!

Five plays in three weeks. Hmmm. That's about as productive as I've been since my salad days back in Flintown. Ah, memories. Now if I could just keep going at this rate, I'll have possibly a hundred plays by the end of the year.

Too much?

I feel pretty good about RISE UP YOU BLOODY ANIMALS. I'm tempted to send it to a place that has shot me down twice before: Playwrights Horizons. They didn't like SLAB and they thought that THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF FURNITURE was too manly. I imagine they would just stare at this one as say, "It's too repetitive." But I can always try.

I've been meeting with a couple of guys who want to get in on a production of SAFETY for the Ignite Festival as of late. Ryan Blackwell, of the New Haven Blackwells, who played Sabinus in Unartistically Frustrated's production of END CALIGULA and Dan Zisson, who seems like a swell fellow to direct. We have submitted the materials and are now waiting for confirmation. Fingers crossed - holy crap - amen.

Soooo.... what to do, what to do? I obviously feel reenergized and have the need to bash away at my keyboard once again, but I'm a bit spent after RISE UP. I suppose I should take a rest, but I've learned to despise those. Oh, well. I still have Netflix.

0 Comments:


<< Home