The Sean Michael Welch Archives

November 03, 2006

new stuff

Just finished a brand new play. A little bit of an experiment, as for the first time ever, all the characters are female. People have bothered me long enough about my lack of female characters, so I decided to give it a shot. Besides, someone once told me that I am not very good at writing female characters, so I figure it was my time to step up.

Not that this is a clue into the mystery of the female mind. Far from it. It's pure old school Sean: silliness, random occurances, denial, and violence. What I do best, it seems. I didn't ask anything of myself other than to enjoy the piece, which I hope is enjoyable, if not a bit disturbing.

ELEGANT WOMEN WITH EXCELLENT MANNERS is the working title. We'll see if it sticks.

0 Comments:


<< Home