The Sean Michael Welch Archives

March 04, 2007

The final results are in...

... I think.

After a rigorous editing process in order to get POMPEY down to a suitable viewing time for a U of M audience, it appears that we have finally reached a good place. Starting tomorrow, the cast and crew of POMPEY will have the final draft to work with.

I don't think I can ever fully express my gratitude to my old theatre department for giving me this opportunity. Being able to showcase a play for the first time in the place where I got my start... there are just no words for it. I would call this a highpoint.

Now, if I could just prepare myself for the cutting remarks of Shakespeare purists and people bringing Stoppard up to me, then all should be well. But then, I trust Carolyn, Lauren, and Janet implicitly. If they didn't think it was worth the time and effort, then it would have never come up in the first place.

Break many legs, cast and crew of POMPEY. I will see you all very soon.

0 Comments:


<< Home